- Why do all my fish hide?
- Why is my discus fish hiding all the time?
- Why is my crayfish hiding all the time?
- Why is my fish laying on his side?
- Why is my discus fish lying down?
- Why is my discus turning dark?
- Is it normal for discus to fall over?
- What to do if your discus is swimming on its side?
- Why do crayfish shed their shells?
- Why is my crayfish losing coloration?
- What happens to crayfish when pH is low?
- Why do crayfish die when they molt?
- Is it bad if my fish is laying on the bottom?
- What should I do if my Goldfish is laying on its side?
- Why is my betta fish lying sideways on the bottom?
- Why is my fish swimming on its side?
- Why is my discus laying on one side?
- What are the symptoms of a stressed discus fish?
- Why is my fish lying on the bottom of the tank?
- Why is my fish spinning on its side?
- Is it normal for discus fish to move?
- How do I know if my discus is dying?
Why do all my fish hide?
Why Do My Fish Hide?
- (GTV)Chris. My tank is doing very well with the 5 leopard Dannio’s I have.
- Spooky76. You should be able to clean still with real plants…I have over 45 plants in a 240ltr tank and can still clean it.
- Miss Wiggle.
- Miss Wiggle
- Miss Wiggle.
Why is my discus fish hiding all the time?
- Every time you notice that your fish is hiding, you need to check the tank conditions first.
- Keep your discus fish in a quart fish tank that is probably 10 gallons in capacity.
- Once the first three days are over, get your fish a few frozen brine shrimp to eat.
Why is my crayfish hiding all the time?
What Can You Do?
- Just Leave The Crayfish For 24-48 Hours. Crayfish generally takes several hours to a day for molting.
- Check If You Are Looking At The Old Exoskeleton. As I’ve said, crayfish generally shows this type of behavior during molting.
- Do A Water Change. Just do a 50% water change and check the water parameters.
- Gently Poke.
Why is my fish laying on his side?
What can cause my Fish to lay on the Bottom of the Tank?
- Fish Lay On The Bottom Because Of STRESS: Fish will sink to the bottom of the tank and possibly fade in color when they are stressed.
- Your Fish is Sleeping. If your fish lays on the bottom at the same time every day or night, he could just be sleeping or napping.
- Your fish is a bottom dweller.
- Water Parameters are unbalanced.
Why is my discus fish lying down?
The behaviour mostly occurs at the dark corners of an aquarium, at the bottom or near the surface of your aquarium tank. When your discus fish lies down or tilts to one side or the other, you should take that as a sign or symptom and not a disease. It can be a sign or symptom of many diseases or even stress.
Why is my discus turning dark?
Diseases are one of the major reasons why your discus will turn dark with other symptoms like bloody patches, white film on the fish’s body, tattered fins, cloudy eyes. NOTE: More than half of the time the fish is infected with Bacteria and Diseases as a result of poor and unhealthy water conditions of the n the aquarium.
Is it normal for discus to fall over?
While this behavior seems to be normal in discus fish, it’s advisable to monitor them for signs of falling over on their sides, sluggishness and turning grayish or blackish color longer than normal. If you notice such behavior and physical changes, it means your fish is stressed in their immediate environment in one way or the other.
What to do if your discus is swimming on its side?
If swim bladder disease has made your fish to swim on its side, you will have to move them to a different tank, wait for 2-3 days and then feed them with frozen peas. After a short time, they will be healthy again. Like other fish, your discus fish are likely to catch parasitic or bacterial infections.
Why do crayfish shed their shells?
Therefore, to grow in size, they have to shed their old shells. It may sound like a simple process but it is not! Actually, it would be no exaggeration to say that molting is the most stressful and important time in a crayfish’s life.
Why is my crayfish losing coloration?
The growth process in crayfish demands periodic shedding of the old exoskeleton. Therefore, if you see that your pet has lost some coloration and does not eat much, do not panic, this is a completely normal behavior before molting. Just do not forget to provide them with lots of hiding places in the tank, so they can molt safely.
What happens to crayfish when pH is low?
At low pH levels, crayfish exoskeleton becomes too flex and malleable. This is because their shells are composed of calcium carbonate which reacts with acid. As a result, crayfish will have trouble breaking their shells when it is time to molt. It will stress them a lot and can lead to death.
Why do crayfish die when they molt?
This is because their shells are composed of calcium carbonate which reacts with acid. As a result, crayfish will have trouble breaking their shells when it is time to molt. It will stress them a lot and can lead to death.
Is it bad if my fish is laying on the bottom?
Because, after all, it’s usually a bad sign to see a midwater aquarium fish laying, almost motionless on the bottom of the tank. But, don’t panic, 9/10 times it isn’t anything serious at all.
What should I do if my Goldfish is laying on its side?
your fish is having swim bladder disease take the fish and put it in a other tank or bucket because it is a communicable disease.Feed the fish pre soaked food in water .there are a few chances to save your lovely goldfish. My betta fish is laying at its side at the bottom of his tank and looks like he’s struggling to
Why is my betta fish lying sideways on the bottom?
First, determione whether your betta fish is experiencing any of the following: If your betta fish is experiencing any of the above, he or she may be battling a handful of issues that commonly affect bettas. If your betta fish is lying sideways on the bottom of your tank or on some vegetation, it’s possible that he or she is simply resting.
Why is my fish swimming on its side?
There are several reasons why a fish may be seen swimming on its side. The causes are related to certain diseases and health problems. Unfortunately, research into fish disease is relatively limited, especially compared to other companion animals such as dogs and cats.
Why is my discus laying on one side?
Sudden change in water parameters like pH shock can lead discus fish leaning to one side and laying down. Too high water temperature. normally the discus fish should be kept at 28°C. High salt level in aquarium or strong salt bath. keep in mind that discus is not a marine fish!
What are the symptoms of a stressed discus fish?
Leaning to One Side. Leaning to one side or another, tilting sideways, and laying flat is a common and very general symptom in a sick or stressed discus fish.
Why is my fish lying on the bottom of the tank?
Some species of fish will spend more time lying on the bottom of the tank when they become stressed or scared. If your fish is lying on the bottom and breathing rapidly, stress may be the problem.
Why is my fish spinning on its side?
Spinning can be due to bad water qua;ty, internal parasites, brain damage, swim bladder. Did he look bloated. It sounds like swim bladder to me. The fish will look like the tail is weighing them down in the water with swim bladder. He really needs to be in a tank. What type of fish is he? Hi Wilder; thank you for your feedback.
Is it normal for discus fish to move?
Much to your surprise, you will find your fish moving around freely, exploring their new tank environment. While this behavior seems to be normal in discus fish, it’s advisable to monitor them for signs of falling over on their sides, sluggishness and turning grayish or blackish color longer than normal.
How do I know if my discus is dying?
A change in behavior, the Discus may start moving up and down randomly in the tank this symptom is common in the early stages of the illness. Staying in the dark corners of the tank. Leaning to one side at the top or bottom of the tank. Loss of appetite, being shy, hiding behind aquarium decorations, and filters.